Take shelter from the sweltering heat this summer in the comfort of your own perfectly air conditioned home. Here are some simple guides for keeping cool without increasing your cost.
- Caulk, weather strip, and insulate the attic to close air gaps.
- Plan your housework (washing and drying clothes, baking, cooking) during cooler morning and evening hours.
- Close the drapes and shades over windows facing the sun.
- Keep windows and doors closed when the AC is on.
- Use a thermostat control to automatically modify home temperatures for daytime/night time differences to save money.
- Set thermostat at highest comfortable level. Remember, each degree raised reduces energy consumption by 3 to 4 percent.
- Replace your HVAC air filters every 6 months.
- Keep the outside unit free of leaves or other airflow obstructions.
- Have the air conditioning unit cleaned and maintained each spring.
Having issues with your air conditioner? Call MAK Mechanical, your Barrie air conditioning specialists. We service the Barrie, Orillia and Simcoe area.