How to Get $5,600 in Grants for Your HVAC Upgrade
You don’t have to pay through the nose to upgrade your home’s heating and cooling systems.
If you’re a homeowner, you could be eligible for a grant of up to $5,600 -$10,000 toward replacing your existing heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems with greener, high-efficiency ones through the HER+ or Canada Greener Homes Initiative.
What is the HER+ or Canada Greener Homes Initiative?
This government program rewards Canadian homeowners for adding greener systems to their homes by making grants and interest-free loans available to help pay for efficiency retrofits. You’ll also appreciate the ongoing benefit of lower energy bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
How much grant money is available?
Here’s some of what the HER+ or Canada Greener Homes program offers for eligible retrofits:
HER+ is specifically designed for Enbridge users and Green Grant is for anyone looking for energy efficient grant upgrades. As of January 1st 2023, Enbridge has taken over all administration of both grant programs and giving away funds.
- Grants of up to $5,000 -$10,000 toward energy-efficient space or water heating
- Up to $40,000 in interest-free loans with up to 10 years to repay and no penalty for early repayment
- Up to $600 towards the total costs of your pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluations
- Up to $50-$125 if you install a smart thermostat
Do I qualify?
To be eligible for the Canada Greener Homes Grant program, homeowners must meet certain criteria, including:
- Owning and occupying a home that is a principal residence and that is more than six months old
- Completing an EnerGuide home evaluation before starting your retrofits
- Completing retrofits that are eligible for the program
- See webpage for more information
Ground and air heat
Ground and air source heat pumps are eligible for the Canada Greener Homes Grant. Click here to learn more about our home heating solutions, or book a free consultation with us to discuss which option will best suit your home and budget.
Water heaters and pumps
Water heating accounts for about 20% of all the energy used in the average home in Barrie, so investing in a more energy-efficient water heater makes sense. Checkout these great products by Mitsubishi and Rheem.
How do I apply?
Speak to a MAK Mechanical specialist about your home’s HVAC needs. Conditions apply for the Canada Greener Home program, but a MAK Mechanical expert would be happy to guide you through the process.
Book your free consultation with us today.